Checking Out Kindles from the Media Center
There are 7 Kindle Touches available for checkout from the media center. As well as reading the pre-loaded titles, Kindles may be used to read books from our Overdrive digital library. In order to check out a Kindle, a student must do the following:
1. See the media staff for a Kindle permission form. This form must be filled out, signed, and returned before students are permitted to check out a Kindle.
Download the Kindle Permission Form here.
2. Make sure you do not have any outstanding library obligations. Kindles are only checked out to patrons in good standing.
3. Check the Kindle title lists, located on the right side of this page, to see which Kindle you would like to check out.
4. Check the Kindle display in the media center to see if the Kindle you want is available. If not, you may place the Kindle on hold.
5. Take the Kindle checkout card to the circulation desk.
6. If you would like to download books from Overdrive onto a media center Kindle, see one of the media staff for assistance.
KINDLES are due back after 7 school days. The Kindle may be renewed if it is not on hold. Be advised that the late fee for an overdue Kindle is $1.00 per day.